About Me

My photo
I'm just doin my thing. Enjoying this season of life called mothering!

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Pinewood Derby!!!

So, our ward/cub scout pack had its pinewood derby. It was so much fun. I am really enjoying serving as a cub scout leader, and the extra mommy and Mikey time that entails. We let Mikey design his own car, paint it himself and place decals and weights himself. He truly designed his own car, which was the best part!

We had some guys come and set up this way cool track. It tells you which car won each race, so cool. Getting ready to race......


Mikey got first place in the Wolf den! We were so happy for him. He also won an award for best color and appearance. What a fun night! So, he qualifies for the district derby. I think we'll go. He's such a good sport, he just loves the racing part. He may not have a chance at winning (some dads have been at this for a looonnng time) but how fun to go be part of it!














5 comments:

Katie said...

That is awesome. Blake could go to reginals to I wonder if they are the same, probably not. Hope he does good if you good.

Nate and Lana Hope said...

Way to go! The Pine Wood Derby is always fun! His car is awesome! Good luck at district (watch out for the phyco 'really into it' dads. They'll be picky about EVERY part of his car!) :) So funny!

Jen said...

How fun!! Great job on letting him make his own car and he still won! That is AWESOME!!!

BTW-THANK YOU THANK YOU for all the info. We knew nothing of what you sent us. Can you tell how out of the dark we are? So, yes. THANK YOU! You're the best!

steph said...

Go Mikey!!! I love the fact that it was something you could do together! So much fun!

Blue Ribbon Family said...

I love this! We did it last year, and I cant wait till this year!