I s'pose I could do a quick catch up though. Life is crazy busy right now. I babysit a darling little busy bee of a boy who is 10 months old, 4 days a week, all day. I also drive my kids to and from school every day for a total of 36 miles a day, yup I spend roughly 80 minutes driving every day. Ugh. But it's worth it, my kids go to an awesome school. Also, I have recently taken on the duty of playing the piano for their school choirs. A Jazz choir and a Concert Choir. They meet before school two days a week. It's been way fun so far. It's good to take on some challenging songs again. "Boogie-Woogie-Bugle-Boy" for example. Whew, it's a fast paced jazzy song. Lots of fun, but not easy, that's for sure. And I'm still den leader for our ward's Wolf den.
This past Saturday, our ward had a talent show. They announced it in relief society a while back and sent around sign up sheets (good old sign up sheets!) I was noticing that no one was signing up and thinking to myself, do I dare? Then I noticed my friend Monica started signing up. I was just starting to think, Oh, that's cool, wonder what she'll do? Then I noticed-hey-wait-she's writing my name too!? For lipsynching? Hmmm..... If you know me, I'm a little --well--shy about those things, but I decided, oh well, it could be fun, and someone needs to do something for this poor little talent show. So we put together a little skit/lipsynch to this cute cute parody of "Hot and Cold" by Katie Perry. (see the youtube video here)
We dressed up in our aprons and rubber gloves and head-kerchiefs (is that a word?) and set up the stage like a living room. We opened by saying how happy we were that we had finally gotten things cleaned up, then our kids came in behind us and did what they do best (see we even showcased their talents!) They messed up the "living room". And we "sang" to them, to the crowd, did a few little dancey-diddies (more made up words) and inspired some laughter and sympathy. It was great! And I wasn't scared, I had a blast and even hammed it up a little! (Thanks for a great time Monica!)
We dressed up in our aprons and rubber gloves and head-kerchiefs (is that a word?) and set up the stage like a living room. We opened by saying how happy we were that we had finally gotten things cleaned up, then our kids came in behind us and did what they do best (see we even showcased their talents!) They messed up the "living room". And we "sang" to them, to the crowd, did a few little dancey-diddies (more made up words) and inspired some laughter and sympathy. It was great! And I wasn't scared, I had a blast and even hammed it up a little! (Thanks for a great time Monica!)
Our little talent show ended up being a great night. We probably had over 100 people show up, with 13 acts. Our Bishop even put on his Dress Uniform (military--can't remember which branch) and sang "God Bless the USA" it was so so so touching, I cried! A bunch of men in our ward also did the infamous Synchronized swimming you've probably seen on you tube (if not, check this out--it's not them, but what they imitated) It was hilarious, especially because it was men I'm used to seeing at church on Sunday, in their Sunday best, with Sunday best behavior. What a riot! I'm told a video may be put together in the near future. If I get a copy, I might share....maybe.....
Anyway~ that's life right now in a nutshell. Hopefully soon I can blog with pictures again. I have so many I want to share!
7 comments:
So glad you had the guts to be silly with me.
FUNNY videos! You really have been missed from the blogging world...good to hear what you've been up to! Love ya!
You are so wonderful. A busy bee and able to get everything done happily. I'm sure you have your moments I just don't see them. Your great.
I'm glad you finally "blogged"- I miss your witicisms (hmmm- I like that word) and you know I love keeping up with you! Love ya -Mom
Your lip-sync skit sounds so fun! And I didn't realize you played the piano. Talent galore!
Wow. Talk about busy... That is awesome you are playing and I remember that song. It is a difficult song to play. Good job on the talent show. I would love to see a video
Yay! An Update!! So good to hear all that is going on in your life! That's awesome that you're playing piano for your kid's choir! What fun! And your talent show sounds like it was a blast!
Post a Comment