About Me

My photo
I'm just doin my thing. Enjoying this season of life called mothering!

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I'm 3 days late!!!

NO! Not THAT kind of late. Sheesh! I'm 3 days late (because it's after midnight) from my Sunday blog. Oh well, better late than never. It was an eventful week. We had the Pinewood Derby. Mikey's car looked SO cool! His is the one with the red wheels. This year he got 2nd place.


 He was so close on this race! But the kid racing him is the kid his car beat last year and the year before. We are happy he (the other kiddo) won, and even that he won Pack Champion. This was their last year at the Pinewood Derby, so how cool is it that they both got to be Pack Champions in their Cub scout careers!?! Having said that, it was a pretty rough night for Mikey. Right when he walked in he was accused by friends of buying his car, and even called a cheater. This is a pretty big deal to Mikey. Honesty is something he takes pretty serious. And to have friends basically call you dishonest is quite crushing. So take that and add to it a likely cracked rib and the pain that brings (oh! the pain he was in....). Not starting off on a good note. Then the racing starts and Mikey's car isn't doing as well as last year. Of course that's a bit disheartening. So add that in to the mix. Then another friend says "You're going DOWN" Which in itself isn't exactly bad, but added in to everything else......he had a rough night. But I have to give him Kudos..although he cried a little (who wouldn't with all that?) he didn't lash out at any other scouts. Poor guy. I asked him what was the worst thing about the night and he said it was the comments that were made. He's looking on the bright side though, his friend gets to go to Districts, which he's never done. And Mikey has been there twice. It will be a good learning experience in the long run, that's for sure.

A little birdy told me that my friend was in a production of "Oliver" in Aberdeen. So I called my other friend (We were quite a threesome in our day!) And we secretly zipped over to watch her. We walked in to this teeny auditorium at Aberdeen High School, wondering what kind of production it would be. The kids started in with the "Food! Glorious food!" Song, and I was already in awe! The kids were so CUTE! And the kid playing Oliver was pretty darn good. The adult actors were kind of blah at first. But then....THEN my amazing friend Amanda comes out on stage as Nancy (One of THE main characters) and totally livened up the show. I was so impressed! She had this accent going on, and this presence. Wow! I will definitely try to go see another Aberdeen production. If you are in the area, you should consider it. It was worth my time, for sure! The only thing I'd change is I'd take a picture of me and my friends! I'm such a dork! I didn't even take a pic of us three. But here is a picture of Amanda and her awesome stage presence.


Tonight after Mailei took her bath, she wanted her hair braided. Man! Does this girl have some thick hair! I almost can't even braid it! Look at how wide her braid is---and it's braided as tight as I could get it--compared to her neck. Wowzers!


And now, after all that randomness, it is time to visit my pillow. Good night!

1 comment:

Roxanne said...

Okay- so you beat me after all! I just finished my blog! Anyway- good blog - I would have liked a close up pic of mikey and his car- but it's still super to see and share part of that experience here! Love you and love all those kiddos!