About Me

My photo
I'm just doin my thing. Enjoying this season of life called mothering!

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas!



We had a fabulous Christmas this year! First off though, I must brag about my man. He is up before the sun every morning shoveling the walks and starting up the tractor to plow if needs be. Its almost like he enjoys it. It is so nice and I am so grateful to have a wonderful husband who cheerfully takes such good care of our family!





We started a new tradition this year of staying home Christmas Eve to have Turkey Dinner as our own little (big) family. It was yummy! I even made myself sweet potatoes with marshmallows!

After dinner the kids logged into NORAD tracks Santa to see how close Santa was getting to our house.








Gotta love the reactions when they open their presents!







This year Mikey asked Santa for a box of Pokemon cards and figures and one transformer. Mailei asked for a guitar and an easybake oven. Maddy wanted a castle and a Barbie Belle. Santa got them just what they wanted. He even found the perfect gift for Molly. Her first doll house.




I got a new guitar from Mike. Yay!!! AND a diamond band for my wedding ring finger. (For when I don't want to bang up my wedding ring.)









I had the kids pick out gifts for each other this year. They did really well, put a lot of thought into it. Mailei picked this play jewelry for Maddy-she loved it! Mailei also picked toy handcuffs for Mikey, you can imagine what's been going on there!





Mike got a ring from me too. I thought he'd know I got it so I disguised it in this box from our office. He said, "You re-gifted this?!" Fooled him. Or not.

















You know they like their presents when they are still enthralled with them the next day!
















4 comments:

The Marshall Family said...

Looks like you guys had fun! Isn't Christmas great with kids.

Nate and Lana Hope said...

What a great Christmas! How fun! Trenton got a guitar too! Must be the popular gift this year! :) It was funny to read that you tracked santa with norad too! Love it!

Katie said...

It sounded like you all had a great day. Isn't nice to see their happy faces and see the excitment.

Miles Family said...

Hi!!! It is so fun to see pictures of you and your adorable family. 4 kids! Looks like you are a wonderful mother and had a good Christmas. Good to find you. Keep in touch!