P.S. Val, if you're reading this...we've been playing phone tag. I love you so very much and miss you every day!!!
About Me
- Heather
- I'm just doin my thing. Enjoying this season of life called mothering!
Sunday, June 14, 2009
Maddy came running into the house, yesterday, so excited she could hardly catch her breath. "Mommy, mommy, mommy! There's a big rainbow!" So, I went outside to see. I wish cameras could capture rainbows easier (probably a user issue if you know what I mean) We are so blessed out where we live, I'd say almost every time it storms, we get to see a full rainbow, often times a double full rainbow in our back yard. This one was not full, but extra bright. You could see the extra colors in it (Purple, and small stripes of more colors after the typical r.o.y.g.b.v.)
I was snapping some pictures of it when I realized how cute it was that the kids were playing right under it.
And it hit me: there really IS treasure at the end of the rainbow! At least for me! I am so blessed with my amazing children. They are so special to me. I remind them often that they are my dreams come true. All I really wanted to be when I grew up was a mom. I honestly thought that was just wishful thinking. I was SO shy as a kid, I thought I'd never learn how to even TALK to boys, let alone MARRY one! But here I am with my tall dark and handsome and my four little dreams come true. Heavenly Father has truly blessed me and I am eternally grateful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I really needed this moment of "joy"! I love you all so much!
yay! I got my keyboard fixed and I can actually type fast again!!! So- anyway-I do love this post, Sissy- you fill my heart with sunshine and rainbows and all good things.
You get great rainbows at your house. Your kids are adorable. You are such a good Mom.
Such fun pictures! I love them!
What a sweet post, and great pictures. I agree, being a mom is the best thing in the world.
Heather these pictures are absolutely amazing! The photo you have at the top of your blog should be entered into a contest for family, children, beauty, nature, etc! As one would say in an advertisement.... Priceless!
Post a Comment