I didn't take pictures of the actual Pocatello Fireworks, because I wanted to watch them and enjoy them. But this is a cute picture of some of the kids bundled up with grandma just before the show started.
But before that, look at the water!!! Would you believe this was dumped on us (this picture is 4 miles from our house) and a few hours later it was gone?!? (Unfortunately probably into a lot of peoples' basements)
Right in the middle of our barbecue, these strange clouds started slowly swirling in. And I mean swirling. If they had been moving quickly, I swear it would have been one heckuva tornado! They had this awesome turquoise cast to them and you could just feel the electricity in the air. It started raining and taking no chances we packed up and ran for cover in the house. Good thing too, it was a doozy, rain..hail......wind.....lightning...thunder.....CRAZY!! It was really cool though, watching the clouds swirl up the way they did, it looked like "The Day After Tomorrow".
Earlier that day, we went up to my step brother's house for a big birthday bash for Grandma Esther (My step-dad's mom) My mom passed out these crazy, blowy, noise maker thingies to all the kids. I looked over and Donnie was rather fascinated with one, the sparkly things on the end had his FULL attention! I had to snap a picture, because it reminded me of my sister Brooke (Who's autistic) and the way she plays with those kind of things. Then, when I looked at the picture, I noticed Katie in the background, just as fascinated as Donnie!! Too funny! It was a fun day!
This is a picture looking down from the deck. My mom is passing out the noisemakers, and I kid you not, she was giggling with glee, knowing it would annoy all the parents! Well, not me, so much, but ya know.......and OK, OK, I think she was also giggling because she knew how much fun the kids would have. :)
It's hard to get a good picture of Grandma Esther, she's a stinker that way, but I had to include a picture of her, she's such a sweet lady! She has just taken us in like we were part of the family from the beginning. Love her! Sitting by her is my step sister Genevieve and her daughter Alex. And behind Genevieve is Katie. Love this family!

On the 3rd, we went to the fireworks in Fort Hall. They have them on the 3rd to celebrate the Fort Bridger Treaty of 1868 . I was impressed! It was a pretty good show, and this year they had music with it from 96.1 The Bull. There also was an Elvis impersonator. We were parked a little down the road from the festivities (free hot dogs and pop and "Elvis") but Mikey and Mailei HAD to go potty, so we walked over and I took that opportunity to peek at the Elvis guy. He was dressed like "soldier Elvis", and singing songs from that time in Elvis' life, which are my favorites! So, I watched for as long as Mikey and Mailei would let me, which was not quite 2 songs! Oh, well, we also got free pop! OOh, and the guy was pretty good! Looked sorta like Elvis, but sounded EXACTLY like him! It was so cool!
A couple shots of the kids waiting for the fireworks to start. Goofy kids!
It was a good 4th, and I am so thankful to live in this AWESOME country! We really are blessed!
6 comments:
Cute pics of the kiddos, and the one of the clouds is pretty amazing. You should send it to Jami Kagol, Chief Meteorologist at Local News 8, now in HD. Okay, I know, but it drives me crazy how many props they give themselves. You really should send it in though. It's cool. Looks like you had a good weekend.
So fun! Your mom is so funny! LOVE it! Crazy storm! Hope your nieghbors basements recover! Spencer would have LOVED those shiny noise makers too! (not the noise part, but the pretty part!) :)
ha ha - we DID have fun didn't we? Love you- love your pictures- and go check out my blog- there's a surprise there!
(hee hee- the word verification this time is "uhleguin" - kinds sound like "oh h--- again!")
;>
Fun fun weekend. And you should send in that picture of the clouds to the local news station meterologist. It is a truly awesome picture of the clouds.
WOW!! Looks like a lot of fun!!! I can't believe all the water you guys had!! I saw Steve Farnsworth's pictures as well. That's insane!! You have an incredibly cute family!!
That ended up being a good day. We weren't sure what we were going to do I'm glad that we needed up hanging out with you guys. It was a lot of fun and muddy HaHa!!
Post a Comment