Time to play a little catch-up. I kind of let my blog go for a while, but I've decided to give it a try again. hopefully a once a week kind of thing. It's nice to have a record of what's happening in our lives. (Maybe if I do well enough, I can get an awesome blog book made...) To start off, there is so much I could write about, but I chose some more recent photos and we'll just start there. This is now one of my absolute favorite pictures of my girls. They had just finished helping me make Mikey's Birthday Cake. They were so excited to do it, and worked together so cute!
So, yes, Mikey had a Birthday. My big boy is now 10!!! I can't believe it. He's such a good boy. I love him so much. I told him he made my dreams come true, because the thing I wanted most in life was to be a mom. We made a decision as a family that after the kids turn 8, we will just celebrate as our little family. Then they can invite a few friends to do something fun. If grandma's and grandpa's or other family want to treat them to something special they are welcome to. ( we might have to have a big family bash still for the big birthdays, like 12, 16...you know...) It has worked out well so far. It was special and fun and intimate to share this evening with our boy! He decided to take a few buddies from school to Deleta.
We had a blast! The boys played hard and long, and my girls played cute together. Mike and I strapped on some rollerblades and had a great time! I forgot how much I love rollerblading.
Mikey decided this year that he wanted to give basketball a try. He's a little guy, and it doesn't exactly come easy for him, but he is learning a ton and improves by leaps and bounds each game. We got him some fancy new basket balls shoes. Here he's modeling them for the camera. He looks so big in this picture. Such a handsome boy!This past week his team won a game. Their first time winning as a team. They did so awesome. It was really neat to see things start "clicking" for them. They have a great coach. He takes it seriously enough that he is dedicated and they are learning, but yet he's laid back enough that he has patience with all of their different experience levels. Mikey played some excellent defense this last game. Like I said he's getting better and better. :)
My mom came for a visit and the little girls and I decided to take a quick trip with her down to Montpelier while the big kids were in school. It's always a special treat to see my granny and grandpa and my great grandma. Molly always takes right to her. This is my grandma who is 101 and 5 months old (can't forget those 5 months!) She is an amazing woman and I feel blessed to have her in my life.
A couple weeks ago we had a "Snow Day" from school. Mike was home from work too, so we all suited up and ventured out into our "yard". We trekked to the back of our 10 acres and realized we have little sledding "hills" back there. We had a great time, enjoying a family day in the snow.
3 comments:
Cute pics!
Really cute pictures and I can't believe how big Mikey and Blake are getting. I'm really glad that you started up blogging again. It is the only way I know what going on with everyone. Thanks
Good Job!!! Love the pictures and like Katie said- I can't believe how big Mikey and Blake are getting.... maybe we can keep each other prodded along on our blogs.. Katie's so faithful with hers! Love you all!
Post a Comment