About Me

My photo
I'm just doin my thing. Enjoying this season of life called mothering!

Friday, October 17, 2008

Smile!

No, don't.
Don't smile.
really, don't ....don't do it!
Don...........'t Don't smile!
No!
Don't do ti!
Don't-
OK smile,
Go ahead, You know you want to! Smile to your heart's content! Are you smiling yet? Really big and really happy? OK--good, now hurry quick and go show it to someone else. Let's pass this thing around!
Really though, have you ever noticed how much better life is with a smile? Smile at the grumpy cashier, I betcha she'll smile back, or at least be a little less grumpy! And I betcha down inside her grumpy little heart will grow ever so slightly, remember the grinch?
Smile at the gangster boy who cuts you off in traffic, I betcha he'll be a teeny bit more careful, even for a few moments.
Smile at the scary looking old lady sitting in the park. You'll warm her heart. And you may gain a new, wise friend!
wait, why are you still reading this? Go smile at someone already!

4 comments:

The Hammers said...

You're cute, and yes, I'm smiling. Thanks!

steph said...

Such a great post! I love the 'new' photo of your kids! They are sooo adorable!!! As soon as it doesn't hurt to smile... I'll pass on the cheer!

Jen said...

You are so fun! I'm smiling :)

Unknown said...

I LOVE the new photo of your kids! They are SO cute! It is true, a smile is a WONDERFUL thing! Love ya man!