So, this post is long over due and as it is I only have a quick minute to do it. I am soooo excited! For as long as I can remember -since way back in Primary- when it really hit me about the concept of forever families--it saddened me to know that my grandparents were not sealed for eternity. So you could say that one of my life long dreams was to see them get to the temple. My dream came true!!!! My sweet, sassy, loving, kind, wonderful grandparents were sealed for time and all eternity on September 24, 2008 in the Logan, Utah Temple!!!!! My mom was sealed to them; and me, Mike, and my brother Donnie were all there with them. (Along with most of their ward) My grandma's brother is a sealer in the Logan Temple, so he was able to seal them. It was such a wonderful evening. Beautiful. It just goes to show that it is never to late to change your life and better yourself. I do have to say though, that I have always been extremely proud of my granny and grandpa, simply for who they are and for how they love me. They are wonderful people with huge hearts. I'm excited about this change in their lives mostly because of the happiness it has brought them. It's nice to see them have this kind of joy in their lives. I'm so greatful for a loving Father in Heaven who prepared a way for us to return to live with Him, with our Savior, and with our Families Forever!
My Grandpa, My Granny, My Mommy

My Mom, My Aunt Susan, My Grandpa, My Granny, My Uncle Donnie, My Aunt Clara

(It was so cool, when we came out of the temple, my Aunts and Uncle were there waiting. It was awesome to have their support on this fabulous occasion!!)
7 comments:
Yay! That just makes me so happy! It brought tears to my eyes! Thanks for sharing :)
Oh and if you're bored. . . I tagged you on my blog :)
I loved it! I'm so happy for your family. Sorry I missed dinner, but when it comes to sleeping babies and me and things unplanned...I tend to pick the sleeping baby...plus then I get a quick nap a lot of the time too! Aren't those pictures the best! He has got the Barlow crack, that's for sure. I love the pictures from Molly's b-day party, so cute, I have looked on your blog, but totally got sidetracked and never commented! Love you!
How awesome Heather! I don't know them, but I am so excited for them! I love sealings! There is always a spirit there of total love, faith and a lot of hard work! Congrats!
Heather... I am soooo Happy and excited for them! I can remember for as long as I've known you... you've wished for this special day! How completely amazing! Love ya girl! Take care!
Heather that is so awesome about your grandparents. I wish the same thing for my family. I only have one sister that is active and has gone to the temple. In fact, next week we are taking Avery to the temple to have her sealed to us since our adoption will be finalized and it makes me sad that no one from my family can attend. My sister that is temple worthy lives in Seattle and she just a had a baby so its hard for her to travel. But I still have faith that maybe some day, my parents will at least make it to the temple and my siblings will follow suit. Congrats on your forever family. P.S. Tell your mom hi for us and that I will tell Kim & Erick hi for her too!
oh yeah! and "Oh what joy!" I love you my sweet little angel- thank you for all the joy you and your kids and your hubby give me!
Heather! That is awesome! Congrats. I have loved sharing your special moments with you thru your blogs. It is awesome. As soon as I can get on top of things, I want to scan in a couple photos from jr high! Yikes! I totally had 80s hair!
Post a Comment