About Me

My photo
I'm just doin my thing. Enjoying this season of life called mothering!

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Metal Head
















My rambuncious (did I even come close to spelling that right?) little Molly had a run in with a toy train the other night. Long story short, gash on the head, trip to ER, STAPLES in head!!!! (Look close at the above picture, see the blood stain on her shoulder? It was all down her back too. Oh--and see that fading bruise on her forehead from the last spill? Look at her face--she's thinking, what staples?)




The doctor told us they'd just need to put a couple staples in, like no big deal......Mike said to me, "Like METAL staples?" And because I know everything, I told him "No, silly. They're just little single stitches made of plastic or something" So, I'm holding her still while they go to work on her. I'm told to look away so the spray they are using to freeze her ouchie (so she won't feel the "staples" going in) won't freeze my eyes. I didn't look back till they were done. I discovered real quick that they did indeed mean METAL staples! So my sweet little bundle of energy--who, by the way, felt well enough to run away from us and try to climb on everything in the ER---is now walking around with two shiny little staples stuck to the top/back of her head. I have now visited the ER with 3 of my 4 kids. All for stitches of some kind. Maddy so far has missed the boat, I'm keeping my fingers crossed on that one!!

8 comments:

Jen said...

Ohhhh poor baby! I'm glad she's up and running around though. I can't imagine having to see my kids head in staples! ACK!

Roxanne said...

I'm still kinda sick inside! Our poor little Molly- 'course-like most cases with kids- she's prob'ly much less traumatized than her parents or grandma! Love ya!

p.s. "ingsl" hee hee

Jenn said...

aw, that's horrible! Poor little molly and poor mommy! Sorry I didn't see you guys the other night, I was over w/the inlaws, not knowing that dennis would be at your place for so long or I wouldv'e been over in a jiff. I had a crying needing to nurse baby, so that's why I didn't head over! your thing says ripsies, sounds like a funny little word, uh oh, the ripsies. Had to follow your momma's example ;)
GIRL'S NIGHT!! PLEASE!!!

The Marshall Family said...

Ouch! I could never be a doctor or nurse with all of the "fun" stuff they get to do!

Kerrie said...

Ouch!!! I hate it when my kids get hurt, because it makes me feel awful. I'm sure you feel the same, especially when they are as little and as cute as Molly. Poor girl.

Nate and Lana Hope said...

Ouch! That is so sad! At least she is such a good sport about it! Beware of when you get on airplanes, she'll set off all the alarms! :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Molly didn't care much at all, but yeah, me the babysitter at the time, felt pretty darn awful! STupid trains all over the floor...argh!

Unknown said...

Dang it! That stinks!