So, I'm thinking it's probably annoying that my music player was at the bottom of my page, because if you didn't want to hear it you had to scroll allllll the way down to get to it to stop it. I moved it up to the top for your ease!!
I have no pics ready to post just now, but I do have a funny story to share. At least funny to me, so...... sorry if it turns out to be a waste of your time, but I'll have fun telling it ;)
The other day it was just the girls at home. Mike was at work and Mikey was at a cousin's house. So we decided to take a trip to Tastee Treat (Spaceburgers and ice cream-yum!) We headed in and just when we got too far to sensibly turn around for any forgotten what-not I realised I forgot to put on my wedding ring. This is a pet peeve of mine, I feel a married person should ALWAYS wear their wedding ring in public, or at least something in it's place. I have been taking it off at night because of snagging prongs. So- I said out loud "Aah, I forgot my wedding ring!!" Mailei (my 6 yr. old) says, "mommy, why do you ALWAYS have to wear it?" Like what's the big deal? So I told her "Well, that way people will always know that I am married." But in my head I'm thinking, it probably isn't really a big deal, right? Here I am with my "mom" body, 3 daughters, one of whom is less than a year old.....pretty OBVIOUS that I'm married!!!
So, we get into Tastee Treat, eat our food (minus spaceburgers, they ran out of the meat just when we ordered-HUGE bummer!), then have our ice cream cones. We were almost done when someone who appeared to be the shift manager started making the rounds to all the customers-2 of whom were neighbors and in my ward-asking if everything was going OK, if anyone needed anything. Then he came to me and my girls last. He lingered at our table asking the girls if they liked their ice cream. Which I'm used to, people like to talk to babies, ya know? Just then Mailei dropped the last 1/2 inch of her cone on the floor. Manager guy says, "Oops, I saw that! You dropped your WHOLE ice cream cone didn't you? I think you need a new one don't you?" Mailei looks at me like mom is he serious? SO we accept the free cone, and he still lingers, then he says to Maddy," I think you need one too, huh? And how bout one for mom?" OK_--so up till then I was thinking oh what a nice manager, givin kids free ice cream! But then when he insisted I have one too I started wondering. I start eating my freebie when he says "Are you seeing anyone?" ?????????
I very quickly replied "OH! I am MARRIED!" thinking DUH!!!!!!!! He says, "No, you're not you don't have on a ring" SERIOUSLY????????? SO I explained why I had forgotten it, and just then, much to my ummmm...gratefulness (? can't think of the right word here) The lady from my ward who was sitting at the booth behind us turned around and started talking to us , giving him the I know her-she's married-leave her alone-vibe. She saved me!!
My goodness, THAT'S why we got free ice cream, silly me, I could hardly choke it down after that, I felt guilty eating it. Poor guy, he had to have been so embarrassed, but hello! Seriously ---three kids with me, one of them not even a year old? What does that say about the times we live in if that is not a sure sign that someone is married?
Lesson learned, ALWAYS wear the wedding ring, ALWAYS!
9 comments:
That is really funny. In some ways it has to be kind of nice to still "have it". What can I say you are one hot mama! =) I guess I should probably try and figure out how to get a ring on my preggo fingers. Hmmmm... A good reason to go shopping right?
WoooWooo Heather!!! Mike knows what he has :)!!
Unbelievable that he was giving you a hard time when you said were married and he still insisted! I'm glad the guy in ID aren't like the majority of latin and Floridian guys who have no respect even in you are wearing a ring AND say you're happily married! It is really leaving a bad taste in my mouth for the Southeast and Latinos!
Like Jen said....You still have it! I love ya!
That is great!!! A little embarrassing for the guy, but funny. Donnie says to me "Yeah, you should always wear your wedding ring. Sometimes I leave mine at home and I feel naked without it.
Shoot! I just had to laugh at this. I can so relate (well not with the being hit on, I have a horrible mom bod. . . anyways) I can relate with leaving the house and not having my wedding ring on. I feel naked and usually have to turn around bc it bothers me so bad. Who knew we were so alike in more ways than one! That's awesome though that you look so fab! I mean, you always have been completely gorgeous! Which reminds me, I found a picture I have of you that you gave me with a cute note on back. I'll have to email it to you even though I'm SURE you have, but what the heck right? Oh and Tastee Treat? I'm SO FLIPPIN' jealous! I LOVE THAT PLACE!!! I'm determined to stop in Pocatello on our way back from Yellowstone if it's not too late and at least get Mama Inez, if not Tastee Treat or Tastee Freeze, can't remember what you called it now. Alright. There's my novel!
that is great! what a great way to teach your kids a lesson. do you plan on teaching them about the dangers of gambling and winning the million. hahaha. love it.
Hey I have an award of friendship for you over on my blog! Love ya!
Hey! How funny! I bet I know who the guy was! It just shows that you're still a knock out!:) Good ol' Tastee Treat! Next time I'm in Poky lets go! Nate has to go to Pocatello once a month for work and if my kiddos are out of school I go with him! It would be just so fun to see ya!
I am laughing so hard right now, not because you got hit on, but because I did too this week. Okay, so I'm driving with all my kids in the back of my Buick Rendezvoux. Total mom car, right. I HAD my rings on, but this 4 runner pulls passes me and then backs off and then as they pass me a 2nd time, my cell phone rings. I have it for sale and my number on the passenger window. They were like, can I buy your car? I said sure and start going into the whole I'm asking $13,000 for it bit when he says "My friend thinks you're hot!" Duh!!! The kids in the 4 runner called me! I admit, I gave them crap for a while and then told them they were wasting my time and theirs. Good week for us huh!
Wow, hot mama for sure!! I agree w/Katie about feeling naked w/o my ring.
Sorry about the pocasmello comment, I really do like it here a lot better than I used to, I'm just really ready for a change, but at the same time I'm glad we get to stay around and let the fam be around the boys while they're going to be changing so much!
Plus, I think I'd be more attached to poky if we had a house and dennis had a great job, I wouldn't mind staying then.
We love you guys!
Post a Comment