About Me

My photo
I'm just doin my thing. Enjoying this season of life called mothering!

Saturday, August 16, 2008

My nephew is going on a mission!



Exciting news in the Barlow family today! Mike's sister and her family live in Hawaii (we miss them so so so so much!) and their oldest boy is turning 19 next month. Wow, how time flies! Today, his mission papers arrived, so the Hawaii family gathered in Hawaii and the Idaho family gathered here in Pocatello and through the magic of cell phones, we all listened in as his Grandpa in Hawaii read the letter. Walker has been called to serve in the Mesa, Arizona mission!!! We are all so excited! I cried, I can't believe Walker is all grown up! We were all taking guesses as to where we thought he'd be called to (while waiting for the phone call) I guessed Japan----WAY OFF!!! So, anyhow I just had to share the exciting news and say that I am so proud of him! Walker is a wonderful young man. He's always been well behaved, polite, responsible, kind, all the things you hope your son will be. He will make an Awesome missionary! He came to visit last Christmas break, and made sure to spend time with everyone. When he was here, he watched Cinderella 4 or 5 times in a row with my little Maddy. And he was so helpful with baby Molly. I know I'm going on and on, but I'm just so proud of him. Way to go Walker!!!!!





(This is a picture of about half of us waiting to hear where Walker will be going)


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats! That is cool that he will be closer. I am jealous that they live in Hawaii (of course I have never been---SOMEDAY I HOPE). What a great opportunity to share the news as a family.

Roxanne said...

Give my love to Walker and everyone else! and yay-rah!!!
Love ya- Mom