After some researching (aka "Googling") I have discovered some information which leads me to believe the blob in question (see post "What on Earth?") is a fallworm tent. A protective tent spun by tons of little baby caterpillars who will winter over and be moths in the spring. I thought it was a bird nest but check out this page http://oregonstate.edu/dept/nurspest/fall_webworm.htm
I'm pretty sure this is the answer to my mystery. We are never too old to learn something new, eh?
9 comments:
You are right. It is always interesting to learn something new. It also sounds an awful lot like one of my ideas! haha
Moths!
I'm so glad it's not spiders, it reminded me of Arachnophobia...sick.
Wow that is pretty crazy. Things like that kind of weird me out. Better months than spiders. =)
I guess moths are better than spiders but it's still gross!
That's cool and YES I still read your blog! Just been away on vacation!! Hope you're doing well :)
Thanks for the education! No really I love learning! It was great talking to you yesterday! I still LOVE, LOVE, LOVE reading your blog!!! don't stop!!!
Sorry, I've been out of touch. That thing is nasty looking. It is great you're looking things up like that. I should be more like that. Great blog!!
Okay, that's just gross and now I have the chills. But I'm way excited you found me. I often have tried to blog stalk and find any of my long-lost Poky high friends. Now I can stay up with you and your family. By the way, cute family. Last time I saw you, you were expecting your little one. What a cutie.
Post a Comment